The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old May 16, 2024, 11:30 AM   #51
wild cat mccane

I really have enjoyed the Tanfoglio. It has not disappointed. I like my CZ S2s as well. I see the Stock 10mm Limited is currently $800. WOW! If I thought 10mm was interesting, I'd be jumping on that quick.

But really, both have internet hype that is beyond reason for their variants.

The CZ color models have like 0% accuracy enhancements between them. So then you start to wonder when you hear magical claims...wait. Perfect example is the ridiculous TS2 Orange right now. It's nice, sure. It's unique. It's $1,800. The TS2 Blue at current $1,100 trigger is plastic but the CZ trigger is super cheap for the factory metal. The Silver TS2 is said to be replacing the TS2 Blue. No functional differences. So $700 difference from basic TS2 model and no claim to be more accurate. The most coveted never sold in US "Bronze" S2 comes with a "polished barrel for reliability" according to CZ and nothing else over any other S2. Never once heard of polished barrel hood creating greater reliability. Sells for like $3K on gunbroker.

The Tanfoglio "Xtreme" variants are for old game rules in Europe where you can't modify your parts. Here, the "Xtreme" models start at 1,700 dollars, but if you took a Stock Master Defiant and added Patriot Defense parts, you'd be not even to 1,400 dollars. So the Xtreme almost doesn't need to exist in the US market. The Domina is unique with the comp, but again, way too spendy to make sense. A Stock 2 with optic cut is like $400 dollars more than the non optic cut Stock 2--what in the world?

So both companies are over-hyped on differences with no actual accuracy increases per variants. But the base models have lots of fun to own feelings in my experience.

If the CZ S2 SAO returns to normal pricing, I'd say it's the #1 range gun to buy for sure. Owning both the CZ S2 and the Tanfoglio Stock Master, na, I don't see a difference that the other doesn't do better in an other area. CZ parts are cheap, that is for sure.
Old May 16, 2024, 06:29 PM   #52
gwpercle

Bored with plastic and wonder nines ...
Look into the Wonderful World of Revolvers ...
Ever shot a 44 magnum , double action S&W's ...
My model 58 S&W in 41 magnum is fun . They come in many calibers !
Single actions ... Ruger Blackhawk ... 45 Colt , 45 acp , 41 magnum , 44-40 , 10 mm , 38 spcl. /357 magnum , 9mm luger ...
Lots of stuff just waiting for you to try !
Gary