View Single Post
Old February 16, 2024, 07:11 PM   #3
AlaskaMike

The only springs I ever bought for my three Rossi 92s were the lighter ejector springs from stevesgunz.com. Changing out that one spring for a lighter one really does a tremendous amount to smooth the feel of the action. It also keeps your brass from being flung into the next county.

You can take a few coils off the hammer spring, but that should probably be done one coil at a time to make sure you still have reliable primer strikes. I probably wouldn't take too much off the hammer spring though, because it's much tougher to put coils back once they've been removed.

You can also put a small shim under the trigger spring, like a small strip from an aluminum can.

The contact surfaces shouldn't be that badly machined unless your rifle was made on a particularly bad day. It wouldn't hurt to do some judicious smoothing with a stone or fine sandpaper, but I probably wouldn't try to change any angles.

You might do a Google search for Paco Kelly's article on the Rossi 92. It really helped me when I first started working on my 92s.

Page generated in 0.02139 seconds with 8 queries