Thread: Plunk test
View Single Post
Old March 30, 2024, 06:04 PM   #22
44 AMP
Staff

Quote:
I once read there is "Reloading" and there is "Handloading"
The problem with that is that any honest definition covers both. Unless the "reloader" is using powered equipment, they are doing it by hand, and that makes them a handloader. And the "handloader" (unless only using virgin brass each time) is reloading ammunition, and that makes them a "reloader".

And no matter which name you choose to use, there is a range of care taken that goes from "finding the absolute best" (of whatever you're after) to "works well enough" for whatever you need the round to do.

One loader can load ammo either way, or both ways, or somewhere in between.

Part of that depends on what you are shooting. The steps done by match shooter and serious varmint hunters with their tuned rifles, to make the best ammo they can, to win a match or zap small varmints at long range are seldom any use in an old deer rife which was never made for more than "minute of deer" to begin with.

Different strokes for different folks, but also different levels of effort for different things in the same folks. I am a handloader who reloads. TO me, the only difference between the two words is the spelling.

Page generated in 0.02250 seconds with 8 queries