PDA

View Full Version : How to disassemble Walther PPK/S firing pin/decocker/chamber indicator?

jamestech
August 30, 2002, 07:34 PM
I cannot figure out how this area of the pistol comes apart...dag nabit! :)

I'd appreciate some help!

Dfariswheel
August 30, 2002, 09:55 PM
This is from memory.....so no guarantees.
Rotate the safety about half way between "ON" and "OFF"

Press in on the firing pin with a punch and pull the safety out slightly until the firing pin is held in.

Remove the safety, being careful not to let the firing pin and spring fly away. Remove the firing pin and spring.

Remove the extractor plunger, plunger spring, front plunger, and extractor.

Pull the chamber signal pin backward, lift up the front and remove it and it's spring. Make a note of how the spring and pin fit together, and in the slide, so you can get them back the same way.

To reassemble, put the chamber signal pin and spring back in.

Put the extractor, spring and both front and rear plungers in.

Put the firing pin and spring in place.

Push the safety part way in, then reach past it with a punch to press the firing pin down. At the same time, press the safety in until the firing pin is held in place.

Press and rotate the safety back and forth until it snaps in place.

jamestech
August 30, 2002, 10:52 PM
Thanks, I got it apart and back together with no problems..to make things easier I put the extractor in last.

One question though. I just got this gun and when I got it the firing pin indicator is loose , shake the gun around and it moves in and out , even the hammer has a groove cut in it to allow this safety mechanism to ride out really far.
Is this supposed to move freely like it does?

jamestech
August 31, 2002, 12:23 AM
He had part numbers 8 and 9 in backwards compared to this pick,
http://world.guns.ru/handguns/walther_ppk_blow.jpg

I changed it the way it looks in the pick with the long piece of the spring that hangs off pointing upwards.

Is this correct? .

Thanks

Dfariswheel
August 31, 2002, 01:54 AM
It's been a while, but I think you got it right. the signal pin SHOULD NOT be loose. It should be under definite spring tension, and be held forward, and down.
By down, I mean when the slide is on the gun and held in firing position, the pin should ride in the lower area of the slot in the slide.

When a round is chambered, the front of the pin should be pushed up and the whole pin should be pushed backward by the case.