PDA

View Full Version : BotachTactical.com is by far the worst company I have ever dealt with...

Sum1_Special
August 21, 2005, 08:45 AM
I have ordered a set of earplugs from these guys... Last month. Not only did they not have it in stock, but I had to ask them 2 weeks later before they finally told me it was on backorder. The ear plugs cost me $7, and I told them NOT to ship it UPS and charge me another $7, but rather USPS envelope for only $2... they blandly ignored me and charged me more for shipping than the item was worth. I anxiously waited for the plugs and when they finally arived, rather than coming in a case like they were supposed to, They were thrown in a ziplock bag.

I feel cheated, Should I file a complaint or demand a partial refund? What do you recommend I do about it?

dasmi
August 21, 2005, 08:49 AM
Demand a full refund, and send them back.

Sum1_Special
August 21, 2005, 09:21 AM
Sounds like a plan, but... I don't really want to spend even more money to return them. I am writing an email to them right now, Shall I request a full refund anyway?

siotwo
August 21, 2005, 09:49 AM
Request the case....shipped on their dime. At least then you get your plugs and case for your $7x2

HighVelocity
August 21, 2005, 03:47 PM
Sounds like you've been "Botached". This place has had a bad rep for a long time. Search any gun forum and you'll see that those guys are idiots.

Double Naught Spy
August 21, 2005, 05:07 PM
Botach is a great place for which to buy an expensive item on sale that you don't need within the next 6-12 months. Otherwise, they suck. If you don't need the item anytime soon, then they do have some great sale prices. I picked up 2 ACOGs at different times that were about $150-200 below what the rest of the competition was selling the same models for at the time. The first one came when expected. The second came 8 months after I ordered. It was still a bargain when it arrived, but I had already bought another. For my cost, it was still quite easy to sell off, but dealing with Botach was a real pain. The worst part really was that I had cancelled the order.

alexbird692001
August 27, 2005, 11:45 AM
I also waws ripped off by this company. I ordered two Glock 30 mags and never recieved them. I called and stated such to the customer service rep, who said she would refund my paypal account which of course they never did. Well I wrote them about 10 e-mail and called still no money refund. This is going on 8 months. Never buy from them.. Joe

Sum1_Special
September 8, 2005, 05:41 PM
Yep, emailed them demanding a partial refund on shipping and got...

"WE apologize for the experience that you had with us please let us know how can we make it up to you

thank you very much for your time

vilma Rios"

I told them again they can make it up to me with a refund yet, my bank statement came in today and no refund.

Where could I file a complaint with this company?

Eghad
September 8, 2005, 07:16 PM
If you payed by credit card or paypal...

start there

file a complaint with the card company or paypal.......

Capt. Charlie
September 11, 2005, 05:18 PM
It's funny (or maybe not), but I've dealt with Botach for several years now. At first, they were great. Fast service, good folks on the phone, good stuff, good prices. It seems like they did a 180 sudden like. Several months ago, I ordered a pair of Silencio Falcon electronic earmuffs, and I had to fight with them for over a month to get it (after my card was billed :mad: ). If you call them, you get an answering machine, and messages are NOT returned. They do NOT return e-mails. It was only after I told them I was refering this to the US Chamber of Commerce and the US Atty. General's office interstate fraud division (is there such a thing? :D ) that I got the muffs, with no apology. I'm thinking maybe they sold out to idiots?

MillCreek
September 11, 2005, 06:45 PM
My experience parallels the above poster. What happened to explain the changes, I wonder.

Samuel2001
September 22, 2005, 02:35 AM
Unfortunately, I had the pleasure to work fer these people long ago when they had good deals from their original pawn shop business.

Back then they had everything in stock and they bought large quantities of product to save $$. Now, they pre-sell stuff and once they have sold a few to make their order worth while, they go ahead and order from the mfgr. of distribuitor.

Unfortunately these people are filthy rich and they have no real respect to their customers. They will tell you that your product is on the way, and to call them if its not there in a couple of days and they just string you along!!! :mad:

This is not new to them either, since they have been doing it for at least 10 years that I know of.

MillCreek
September 22, 2005, 11:34 AM
This is really interesting. So it sounds as if they have reduced inventory, and inventory costs, to a minimum, by switching to a 'just-in-time' approach, whereby they order from the distributor after they receive a retail order.

This can work really well for the retail establishment in reducing inventory costs and freeing up cash flow, but if your distributor does not get the product to you quickly, and you do not send out the item quickly, this can lead to customer unhappiness.

I have to say that 'out of stock' is one of my personal pet peeves. When I think of all the times I have gone to my local REI looking for a specific item, only to find it out of stock. And often, I could have gotten the same item cheaper on the Net, but I either needed it right then or wanted to support my local business. If there was only some way to to a real-time inventory check before you left the house....

crazyXgerman
October 14, 2005, 10:32 AM
interesting thread.

i ordered two weapon lights (m2 and m2 streamlight) from botach less than a year ago, before i knew about their bad reputation (botach, not streamlight :)). i got the two lights for a little more than what i would have paid for one at a regular place, awesome deal. i got the lights in less than two weeks, no problems whatsoever.

then i started to hear about people's bad experiences with them and was somewhat surprised.

a couple of months ago i was looking for a number of items and they were the only ones who had every single item listed. i was in no hurry so i decided to try my luck with them again. this time i received an email the very next day informing me that all but one or two items were out of stock. i replied that in this case i'd prefer to cancel the order, which they did and confirmed via email. my credit card never got charged.

while i didn't go through with the order, again i was satisfied with how they handled it.

sorry to hear about everybody's bad experience. guess i will not be trying my luck with them again.

Bravo25
October 14, 2005, 11:45 AM
sorry to hear about everybody's bad experience. guess i will not be trying my luck with them again.

This was the experience Ihad with them at first. Then it started going down hill. Now after reading on several different types of forums these post, I have decided not to reorder from them.

Perhaps one day I will collect links to all of these threads, and email them to the company. Do you think it would help?

Sum1_Special
October 14, 2005, 04:31 PM
Been a long time... And I still haven't gotten a response from, despite reporting them to the better Business Bureau(who, in my opinion, are beyond worthless) and sending them half a dozen emails and calling them twice. Eh, I guess I learned "build a bridge and get over it".

I guess it's too late to threaten to report them to the US Chamber of Commerce and the US Atty. General's Office Interstate Fraud Division, eh? :D

Anyway, this thread is getting interesting, it is turning into the Botach-Tactical-screwed-me thread. I am surprised somebody hasn't taken them to court yet.

Beren@THR
October 28, 2005, 10:31 AM
FWIW, I never use Paypal. I use a credit card where I know the card company will back me up on disputing charges if the seller screws around with me. That would add some leverage.

Langenator
November 7, 2005, 01:07 AM
I ordered a Surefire 918FA (9V forearm for the Rem 870) from some them something like 2 years ago. This was right at the time that Surefire was cutting off web retailers who were undercutting their MSRP.

They billed my credit card, and, after repeated inquiries as to why my light hadn't been delivered got nothing but "It's been held up by the supplier (Surefire, which was actually true)" I had to report them to my credit card company to get the charge removed.

Selling stuff you don't actually have unless you've got a firm commitment to get the item(s) at a certain price is bad business.

thomasanelson
November 9, 2005, 08:56 PM
I just deleted them from my favorites! Enough said!:D

Ian2005
December 12, 2005, 02:31 PM
I can't believe this place is even still in business. I only kept my order because I couldn't seem to find another pair of Silencio electronic earmuffs in Black for the same $56 price. But boy did I pay for it time and trouble wise. I even initially paid extra for 2 day shipping, but it was sent out over a week later & I spent days trying to speak with someone and one day I finally reached a thick-accented hispanic lady who did help me but OMG..:eek: What a nightmare.

Also those green/yellow earplugs arn't worth a crap. I think there's some vendor's here who are trying to pump them as I bought into it and it also was without a doubt the worst $8 I ever spent.

-Nuff Said.

IZinterrogator
December 12, 2005, 07:50 PM
Also those green/yellow earplugs arn't worth a crap. I think there's some vendor's here who are trying to pump them as I bought into it and it also was without a doubt the worst $8 I ever spent.The military issues them for combat use. When I was in Iraq, I stuffed a regular earplug in my door-side ear and kept the other one free to hear the radio, my LT, the others in the truck, etc. I decided to use the "combat earplugs" last week at a convoy live-fire range. I was acting as a safety and sitting on top of one of our gun trucks making sure the SAW gunner up there stayed within the range limits. From about four or five feet away, I was deafened by the first burst from the SAW. I recoiled in pain so badly I almost fell off the roof of the damn truck. Those things are junk. I'm thinking of getting some of those electronic ear plugs from Walker when I go for "the IZinterrogator Sandbox Tour Part II" (actually Part V if you count Kuwait rotations before OIF happened).

Blackwater OPS
January 9, 2006, 08:06 PM
I wish I had seen this thread BEFORE I got ripped off by these people. Oh well, at least now its gets bumped and maybe someone else will be spared he experience of dealing with these people.:mad:

Capt. Charlie
January 9, 2006, 09:14 PM
Send 'em an e-mail with a link to this thread ;) .

Blackwater OPS
January 10, 2006, 06:49 AM
Heheh, just sent it to the service rep I dealt with, think they have the guts to post a defense?

VUPDblue
January 10, 2006, 04:01 PM
Botach sucks. Slow shipping (if ever). Please, I beg of you all... DO NOT DEAL WITH BOTACH TACTICAL EVER!!!

Blackwater OPS
January 10, 2006, 11:04 PM
I really appreciate your concern. We had some problems
with our employees before that is why we had numerous
complaints. We have hired some new poeple and things
are going positive this time and we are trying to
correct the mistakes now. Let me know if you need
anything and I'll happy to assist you.

Thanks.

Marc

Chris Cullen
January 11, 2006, 07:30 AM
If management stuffs up then you sack everyone beneath you... blame the little guys.... typical.

Chris Cullen

bdc
January 11, 2006, 01:45 PM
Some day, just drive by the location in Los Angeles. When you see the neighborhood, you come to a quick understanding about who is hired, why, and how much they are paid. I have done business with the company despite the knowledge that it makes a lot of mistakes. If you are frustrated by a company that makes routine and horrendous mistakes, then just don't deal with it.

PUMC_TomG
January 11, 2006, 11:59 PM
I too have had horrid experiences with Botach and will never deal with them again. I'd gladly pay more from a quality vendor, then save a little bit of cash by ordering from Botach... never knowing when or if the product will arrive.

AkAkman
January 18, 2006, 11:42 PM
Chalk me up in the bad experiences category also. Seems to be quite a growing list.

STLRN
January 19, 2006, 09:46 AM
The military issues them for combat use. When I was in Iraq, I stuffed a regular earplug in my door-side ear and kept the other one free to hear the radio, my LT, the others in the truck, etc. I decided to use the "combat earplugs" last week at a convoy live-fire range. I was acting as a safety and sitting on top of one of our gun trucks making sure the SAW gunner up there stayed within the range limits. From about four or five feet away, I was deafened by the first burst from the SAW. I recoiled in pain so badly I almost fell off the roof of the damn truck. Those things are junk. I'm thinking of getting some of those electronic ear plugs from Walker when I go for "the IZinterrogator Sandbox Tour Part II" (actually Part V if you count Kuwait rotations before OIF happened).

I actually wore a CAEP in Iraq in my right ear while my left ear was covered with a PRR while doing both foot and mounted patrols. From what I could tell, it worked pretty well, of course the yellow side didn't work as well as the brown, but it was enough that I didn't have a ringing in my right ear after shooting or having a frag go off on the other side of a berm from me.

You really need to lube them with saliva prior to putting them in your ears, since unlike the old style plugs there is not a insertion tool.

theinvisibleheart
February 16, 2006, 11:09 PM
I've ordered stuff from them on and off successfully till last year. Then, last year, I placed an order for GG&G mount for EOtech. They immediately charged it, but after 1 month and 2-3 weeks, I had still received nothing so I contacted the cc company for a refund. Then Botach shipped the item!

After I returned the item, Mark/collections guy started calling me, insinuating that I intentionally filed for a refund in order to keep the item without having paid for it.

I wrote a letter to the owner of the company, but it only ended up on Mark's (Botach collection man) desk. Mark called me up to tell me that he was not rude in insinuating that I had tried to defraud the cc company and Botach.

Talk about the kettle calling teapot black! I would NOT trust a word by the owners and/or managers of the company.

--John

Blackwater OPS
February 19, 2006, 12:18 AM
Yeah, they suck. FYI, check the better business site- I'm guessing you have to be pretty bad to get an "F":barf:
http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Business/CompanyReportPage_Expository.aspx?CompanyID=13117095

Rimrock
February 19, 2006, 03:58 AM
Worst online experience ever! I ordered several of one item. After two weeks without any info or product, I e-mailed them. I received no replies so I continued to e-mail them everyday for a period of a week. Finally I got a reply which briefly stated the order was shipped. No date or addy...... just "shipped". I finally received the products but what was really bizarre is my CC wasn't charged for a period of 3 days after receiving the products. I never felt they were dishonest just incompetent and unresponsive.

Never again!

PROSOUTH
February 27, 2006, 09:04 PM
BUMP

Botach
Understands
My
Pain
:p :barf: :(

dgludwig
March 2, 2006, 04:39 AM
If I'd have seen this thread first, I would never have ordered from this outfit, but I did'nt and I did. Ordered a 5.11 tactical jacket for 39.99 (everybody else were asking 99.99 at the time). Received it three days later, correct size and everything. That said, the kind of damage negative feed-back incurs is best reflected in the reluctance I would have in ordering through them again, despite my positive experience.

GlocksRfun
March 2, 2006, 05:50 AM
I ordered a bunch of glock paraphanalia. Free shipping over $100. At first, they charged my card. The next day I looked and it wasn't charged. I waited 3 days, the online order part had a status box and had no status. I called and talked to someone that didn't sound happy to hear from me. She said they'd ship it today if it's in stock. 2 days later I had a Status of being shipped. For me, it didn't hit my credit card till it shipped. It took 2 weeks from order till I got it.. $15 glock mags. $24 33 rounders. $40 scherer high caps.. I had to do it and I'll do it again. Optical Serenity told me next time to call and make sure it's in stock before I order online. He seems to know the way.

ddskehan
March 3, 2006, 11:07 AM
they've given me the shaft to.

Blackwater OPS
March 3, 2006, 04:23 PM
It seems they now wait to charge credit cards until an item ships, probably due to intense complaints from people who were charged for things they never got.

Parabellum9
May 9, 2007, 08:16 PM
Well I had a problem with botach here recently, first I had to fight them to get them to fill the order and when I finally got them to send it out I guess they forgot to charge me for it. (Wrong items anyways...) And now I'm getting letters threaten to send collections for the $30 they forgot to charge me.
I just sent an email out to hopefully get this resolved, but how the heck can they get collections on me for something they forgot to do? It sounds like someone there needs the $30 deducted from their pay.

:barf:

FirstFreedom
May 20, 2007, 01:53 PM
Well that's weird and too bad...I had absolutely positive experience with Botach.... smokin deal and fast shipping. Couldn't get any better for me. But, guess I was just lucky.

Samuel2001
May 22, 2007, 02:12 AM
Hi guys! Did y'all know the "Shallom in the Home" TV show rabbi is the brother of "BK", the guy that owns Botach Tactical! Yeah "BK's" name is BK Botach And his bro is Shmuley Botach.

Ah, well I just thought it to be funny the one brother teaches values and is trying to help people on TV while the other is... :barf:
Well, you know what I mean!

SteelCore
May 22, 2007, 03:49 AM
Hi guys! Did y'all know the "Shallom in the Home" TV show rabbi is the brother of "BK", the guy that owns Botach Tactical! Yeah "BK's" name is BK Botach And his bro is Shmuley Botach.Actually, that Rabbi's name is Shmuley Boteach. But it's possibly they just spell it slightly differently for whatever reason.

Anyway, I just saw this thread and am rather shocked, as my experiences with Botach have been unproblematic. Apparently I've been very lucky. Clearly there's a major problem if this many people are complaining and the Better Business Bureau gave them an F!

Parabellum9
May 22, 2007, 01:06 PM
I have been ordering from them for years for my self and others that did not want to take the risk and this is the first I have had problems, the problems are bad enough how ever to prevent me from ordering again from them.

What pisses me off is I can’t get through on the phone and nobody answers my emails. First little bit I started thinking it was just one of those emails trying to trick me into giving them my cc info but sure enough they did not charge me for it.
I don’t need collections making a blip on my good credit just because some stupid company made a mistake. :barf:

Grin Reaper
May 28, 2007, 06:47 PM
I have ordered from Botach once and it was the worst purchase experience of my 37 years. I will never order from Botach and will actively campaign to keep others from purchasing from them.

Plink
May 28, 2007, 08:41 PM
Count me among those who are unhappy with Botach.. My experience was a couple years back. I ordered a set of boots that never arrived. The company was totally unresponsive to my communications. I finally insisted they cancel the order. Again, no response of any kind. I just kept an eye on my credit card statements to make sure they didn't charge me. That is NOT how to deal with customers. I will never do business with them again. I went on to spend hundreds of dollars with their competitors. I'm glad to see this thread and know that I'm not alone in my experiences with them.

allenomics
May 28, 2007, 08:47 PM
You've already done a lot; given us all fair warning. Thanks. If you paid by credit card, report the activity to VISA, MasterCard, Discover or American Express, etc. and refuse payment. Return the item.

XDHANDSTER
May 28, 2007, 11:34 PM
I will not be doing any business with Botach in the future.

Thanks for reviving this thread and helping us all get clued in to their continued poor business practice.

:eek:

protectedbyglock
February 5, 2009, 02:57 PM
Just want to bump this old dead horse one more time....

Botach sucks...plain and simple.

I ordered a couple of magazines from them about 2 months ago. They charged my card, sent me an order confirmation....then nothing.

5 weeks later, I called. No answer. Called again, no answer. Call #3, I got put on hold for almost 30mins. The woman says that my order was cancelled.
That's it. Looked at my bank account statement, and at least they refunded my $75.
No contact, no nothing.

I should have looked around at all the negative feedback ALL OVER the web about this place. I wouldn't have wasted my time with these clowns.

gobm667
February 5, 2009, 03:27 PM
same problems ordered something said it shipped waited a week i had to call them and they told me it was back ordered!!! not professionals!!!

B. Lahey
February 5, 2009, 03:34 PM
You guys should go file BBB cmplaints, their rating is up to "B-", nobody must be reporting thier bad experiences.

http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Business/CompanyReportPage_Expository.aspx?CompanyID=13117095

TEDDY
February 7, 2009, 10:15 PM
all the BBB does is put it in their files and if you call BBB they can give you a yes there are complaints.call the consumer affairs of the state AGs office.their the ones that can get action.:rolleyes: :eek: :D

B. Lahey
February 8, 2009, 10:36 PM
Who calls anyone in this interweb era?:D

Go to the BBB website, you can see all the complaints in a fairly detailed layout, the total number of complaints, and how (or if) they were resolved.

Double Naught Spy
February 9, 2009, 06:30 AM
B. Lahey, fine idea, but apparently it isn't going to happen. Botach doesn't fear the BBB in any way and even if they did, folks ordering from them aren't likely to check the BBB before ordering. They probably don't fear the AG, not for "poor service" complaints.

Heck, new posts crop of here and on other gun forums on a regular basis where folks are surprised by their bad experience with Botach despite previously posts by other forum members. If folks are too lazy or shortsighted to do basic searches on a site with which they are familiar such as TFL, you think they are going to navigate the BBB website?

In a perfect world, we would use the BBB. Heck, we would post here as well and others would search it very regularly. But this isn't a perfect world. It is the world of the gun owner!

shaman
February 10, 2009, 07:36 PM
send postal money orders for payments.

if the item doesnt show up, and the post office shows the money order has been cashed, theres gonna be big problems.

Mike Irwin
February 11, 2009, 10:22 AM
OK, I'm going to close this one.

The original message was posted nearly 3.5 years ago.

If anyone has difficulties with Botach with current or very recent (last 6 months) orders, a new thread about your transaction will be in order.