PDA

View Full Version : Liberty 22 revolver

Greg Williams
February 10, 2000, 02:19 AM
I have a Liberty 22 8 shot revolver, I would like some information on its history, it was made in Germany. I have owned it since 1978 or 79. It is well made I believe. any information I could get would be truly appreciated.

James K
February 10, 2000, 05:50 AM
Are there any other markings? Liberty has been used as a trade name by a couple of importers, the latest of which is KBI.

Jim

Greg Williams
February 10, 2000, 05:55 PM
jim,

Thank you for your reply, it has it has Liberty in gold and black on the body of the pistol also has a stamping of what looks like a Norse god or hero with HW5 below, also has three symbols two I can't identify and one is a 68 in a small shield. The pistol looks like a small .38 Special.

Greg

fal308
February 11, 2000, 09:08 AM
I believe what you have is an Arminius HW-5 made by Hermann Weilhrauch KG, Mellrichstadt. They came in .22lr, .22mag and .32S&W Long. These revolvers have swing-out cylinders latched by a sleeve, coaxial with the ejector rod, which can be pulled forward to release the yoke.

James K
February 11, 2000, 11:16 AM
Hi, folks,

FWIW, I think fal308 is correct. The Arminius revolvers were not too bad, being a cut above the SNS stuff. They were not as good as the High Standard Sentinel, of which they were a "sort of" copy.

Value is low ($100 in top shape), and there is no (AFAIK) any collector interest.

Again, as far as I know, they are no longer made and there is no support.

Jim

Greg Williams
February 11, 2000, 05:21 PM
Thanks everyone for the help, I guess that means I can't get it repaired now (firing pin is broken)

Greg