PDA

View Full Version : Slim Grips for 92F?

1911SFOREVER
August 6, 2001, 10:29 AM
Does anyone manufacture "slimline" grips for a Beretta 92FS? I'm training some women Marines, and they're having a helluva time presenting from the holster. Essentially they have to use two grips. One to draw the gun and disengage the decocker/saftey. Then they have to move their firing hand around in order to have enough finger on the trigger. (And yes, they have to carry with the decocker engaged. Your State Department at work...again.)

Anyway, since we're stuck with that gun, I'm hoping to find a slimmer grip setup.

Thanks!

Zander
August 6, 2001, 11:56 AM
The slimmest grip panels I've found are those for the Taurus PT-92...they'll work fine and I just gave a pair to my favorite gunshop.

Let me know if you want contact info...if you're using them for training Marines, I'll get you a great price. ;)

...a vet

Glockster35
August 6, 2001, 05:18 PM
I am not sure what the Marines policy is on this one, but in the Air Force no modifications can be made to any weapon without permission from higher command.

This would also include the pistol grips. As a Firearms instructor in the Air Force I don't particularly like this regulation, but I have to follow it. I do see your point and wish I could set aside a few M-9's for the females and men who just can't pull the trigger or handle the weapon properly.

ALso please keep in mind that you may be doing them a dis-service. When they deploy they will likely be given a weapon from the inventory and not one with slim grips. At this point they may not be able to shoot it properly and cause an unsafe situation for all. In my opinion it would be best to teach them using the original Beretta grips.;)

Zander
August 6, 2001, 06:06 PM
"In my opinion it would be best to teach them using the original Beretta grips."

Well, that's valid.

Or they could resign from the service.

I put this "adaption" nonsense in the same category as revised/easier PT tests for weaker trainees...if you can't work the machinery, either adapt or get the hell off active duty before you get somebody hurt.

JohnK
August 6, 2001, 06:39 PM
I've found the Hogue grips without finger grooves are the thinnest grips for my Taurus PT92, I'd expect them to be the same for the Beretta. The Hogues are thinner than the stock wood and far thinner than Pachmeyers.

Zander
August 6, 2001, 06:51 PM
"I've found the Hogue grips without finger grooves are the thinnest grips for my Taurus PT92,..."

Do you mean the Hogue panels, John?

JohnK
August 6, 2001, 06:57 PM
Yes, those are the grips I mean. http://www.hogueinc.com/getgrip/merchant.ihtml?pid=4225&lastcatid=173&step=4

On mine and my fathers Taurus (Taurus's? Tarui?) anyway, on both of them, the Hogues blend into the backstrap very well, better than the factory grips in fact.

Zander
August 9, 2001, 07:38 PM
OK...I'm publicly admitting my ignorance on this subject. :)

The thinnest panels I've used on the referenced firearm are the original ones issued with pistols in the late 1980's.

Let's determine the best choice for the need ... what is that?

GrandmasterB
August 9, 2001, 11:11 PM
Teddy Jacobson does a special modification to factory 92 grips to reduce them to 1/2 thickness.

His website is www.actionsbyt.com