View Single Post
Old August 22, 2004, 04:15 PM   #86
Rich Lucibella
Staff

Handy-
By No Means am I of the impression that you are anti-gun. I know which side of the barricade you're on. And I know you're one of the good guys. I was simply pointing out that your argument is somewhat barren of appropriate logic.

Similarly pointing out that most cops, shot with their own weapons, had drawn the weapon first may be a valid observation. But the logic produces an absurd result. It argues that, because there are relatively few cases of officer hostered-weapons-snatches, it's due to the retention device. There's no cause and effect demonstrated here; just an assumption. Secondly, it suggests that one might be safer without a weapon in hand at all.

You then bring up the extreme of SASS rigs. C'mon, Handy. Either you believe in personal responsibilty or you don't. I do. Simply because "stupid" exists in the real world is no reason to chuck the reliance on personal responsibility. I personally like "stupid"....stupid people are great cannon fodder for those of us who are not "stupid". They give us time to make the door.

Do you wear a folder in your waistband or pocket? Dangerous weapon, that. Easy snatch for the determined criminal. Have you considered a blade-lock, "just in case"?
Rich

Page generated in 0.02253 seconds with 7 queries