View Single Post
Old January 27, 2007, 09:56 PM   #2
HammerBite

If your HSc comes without a manual . . .

The HSc is a neat little gun, but does have some quirks that you need to know about.

Slide Catch

The slide catch on the HSc does not have an external lever.

The slide will latch open when it is opened over an empty magazine or in the absence of a magazine.

The slide, if latched open over an empty magazine, cannot be closed without first removing the magazine.

The slide, if latched open with no magazine, can be be closed by inserting a magazine (empty or loaded), which will cause the slide to snap closed automatically. If the magazine was loaded, you now have one in the pipe and are ready to go (single-action).

The slide, if latched open with no magazine, can be closed in the absence of a magazine by slingshotting the slide.

Safety

The safety rotates the firing pin up out of reach of the hammer, and locks the longitudinal motion of the firing pin.

If the safety is applied with the hammer down, the hammer cannot be fully thumb-cocked, nor can the gun be operated double-action.

If the safety is applied with the hammer cocked, a trigger pull will still drop the hammer. This is of no consequence because the firing pin is out of reach of the hammer and is locked (I ride the hammer with my thumb anyway). You can then disengage the safety and be ready to go with a double-action first shot.

The slide can be operated with the safety applied. As the safety moves back with the slide the mechanism which prohibits cocking of the hammer is disengaged.

The HSc has a magazine safety.

-----

The above stuff may at first seem a bit bizarre, but after becoming familiar with the gun it will seem to "know what you want to do."

My HSc is one of my favorite guns. It is a lot of fun. I wouldn't bother with a trigger job. With a two-hand grip I can do anything with the HSc that I can do with any of my other guns. It does take some practice, however. As you said, the single-action trigger isn't too bad.

Last edited by HammerBite; January 28, 2007 at 03:21 AM.

Page generated in 0.03384 seconds with 7 queries