View Single Post
Old February 1, 2007, 12:34 PM   #164
Carlo

In my side of the old continent, we seem to be living a different gunfight reality from the one I see written in this thread.
All of the gunfights make it into the news, so we can have a grip of the way it happens and..
1) Most of them are Shopper VS Robber, Polceman VS Robber or simple omicides (nothing strange so far)
2) Practically all of the guns involved are semiautos in 9 x 19, 9 x 21, 9 x 17 or .32 acp
3) Most people carry in condition 3 with no appearent problem going into action from it
4) Those who get shot, get shot in abundance (2 -5 times), the 2.something shot rate of US does not apply here
5) Gunfight winners are those who place an accurate burst of shots with a caliber whatever, and I mean whatever, as long as it makes holes
6) There seems to be no much difference between the various nines
7) 9mm users seem to shoot more rounds than small caliber users, tend to get limb shots and core shots, but just win with core shots
8 ) .32 acp seems like death rays, it's users go rat-tat-tat, get one mortal shot out of a few, end of the story
9) Head and neck shots are not a rarity, often in conjunction with body and limbs shots
10) Those few cases in which the 38's are used it's the same story: rat-tat-tat good hits-end of the story, bad hits - it goes on (no dramatic failure with good hits)
11) everyone uses ball ammo because expanding bullets are forbidden

Concluding, it seems that getting short bursts is the way to go here, good hits seem to be always effective, larger calibers don't enjoy much advantage

Page generated in 0.03830 seconds with 7 queries