View Single Post
Old October 31, 2009, 07:33 PM   #1
ninjatoth

Mental Health And Firearms

What is your thoughts on the issue of mental health,and the ownership of firearms?Most states will stop you from owning a handgun if you were ever judged insane or sent to a mental institution,but there are not as many restrictions on long guns.But is this enough?I speak as a person living with mental illnesses myself,a person that will admit that during a time in my life,I should not have been allowed to own firearms.See,I have OCD(obsessive compulsive disorder)which leads to depression.Untreated,the depression can grow,and the depression is what is dangerous.Never to anyone else,but to myself.I love the sport of shooting and hunting,and I own firearms now,in a much healthier state of mind of course,and I am being treated for my illnesses with medication every day.I feel like I am coming through and out of a hard place in life,but I am making it through.I just want to encourage anyone who has ever had depression to not give up,don't give up a sport you love.If you love to shoot,keep doing it,just make sure to keep yourself mentally fit.Seek treatment if necessary,and be safe.

Page generated in 0.03771 seconds with 7 queries