Thread: Pistol or SBR?
View Single Post
Old May 20, 2023, 05:17 PM   #10
308Loader

Went the pistol route for now. Bought an Anderson lower and ATI pistol buffer tube/receiver extension. Intend to top it off with a 7-1/2” 300 blackout upper. Still plan to do form 1 for SBR, but this way I have something while I wait. Should be all good right?

In my research I find that someone could unknowingly commit a felony pretty easily. Gun shows and websites offer up the products readily without warning the consumer of their obligations. I fully understand, know what you're buying and how the configuration might matter. Other examples beyond the AR15 platform might be something like the stock I found for the 1911 in a gun rag. Shoulder fired pistol with barrel of 5” right? Or what about the rig that you snap a pistol into that has a stock and fore end. Or as simple as a Thompson contender pistol barrel without changing out the stock for a pistol grip. Not sure, but I think most people might not read up on their configurations legitimacy and assume their good to go because they bought it on an open market. Definitely not looking for more control on these items, or trying to justify their existence, just thinking out loud. A person could pay a hefty fine or even go up the river for a good spell if they didn’t inform them self’s on current legislation concerning their configurations.

Page generated in 0.02389 seconds with 7 queries