View Single Post
Old February 6, 2024, 05:08 PM   #10
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

I bought my first supressor last year... a SilencerCo Omega 36m

Yes, pricey... but it costs so much and takes so long to get one, I wanted to make sure it was worth it. The sense throwing good money after bad.

I couldn't be happier. I have so far only used it on two guns. A Tikka T3x Superlight chambered in 7mm-08 and a custom built AR chambered in 6mm ARC.

It is phenomenally awesome on both. The pencil barrel of the Tikka does bend "a little"... about 6" low at 100 yards but the nearly 1" diameter 16" long Arc barrel doesn't shift POI at all, as far as I can tell.

Suppression is amazing. By far the loudest sound from the Arc is the action cycling. I don't have measuring equipment but it's noticeably quieter than my 10/22.
Does not cause ringing ears with the 7mm-08 either.

I have only the 36cal end cap.

I'm not usually a "if you just spend a little more money..." kind of guy, but in this case, I say wait until you can get one worth buying.

I shot a fox with the Arc a couple weeks, out my sliding glass door. My wife and son were sitting right there within 15 feet. My son didn't realize I had fired a gun and my daughter, directly at the top of the stairs in her room, didn't know anything happened. My wife, who jumps when you swat a fly with a flyswatter, didn't even flinch.

Last edited by Brian Pfleuger; February 6, 2024 at 05:13 PM.

Page generated in 0.02126 seconds with 7 queries