View Single Post
Old March 1, 2024, 03:00 AM   #8
Sevens

Even though I am apparently a collector also, I have always been a shooter, so over decades, I have gotten a lot of enjoyment by bringing in great guns in FAR less than mint condition. I enjoy guns so much more if they were a damn good price.

To that end, I have a real love for guns that were extremely popular and wildly successful in the market, because that means they made a zillion because everyone wanted one… and that also means you can find wonderful examples of these in far less than mint condition and you end up with a heckuva good gun for low bucks.

I’ve chased MANY of those and you are asking .22LR?

My suggestion is most definitely a Colt Woodsman or variant. If you’ve never handled or shot one, you have no idea what you’ve missed. And they were massively popular for many decades, so they are easy to find, and if you find one with a far less than mint finish, they do not command stupid prices.

Here is my strong vote for a Woodsman or variant. I loved the Second series guns. A Challenger or a Huntsman is just as great.

Page generated in 0.02421 seconds with 7 queries