View Single Post
Old March 27, 2024, 05:55 AM   #15
bac1023

Quote:
I spend a fair amount of time on the 2011 subreddit. There are a number of people in the 2011 game now. The Girsan Witness 2311 imported by EAA, the new Tisas offerings, the MAC version of the Tisas, the LFA Apollo 11, and the Springfield Armory Prodigy. I believe all of these offer the 3 part design commonly associated with a 2011. Some have mixed reputations, and some are still quite new. The Stealth Arms Platypus is, I believe, all aluminum in the lower. I’m not really convinced that matters other than personal preference, and now they also offer a bull barrel version in addition to the bushing barrel. If I was looking at a new full-size 2011 style pistol, I would probably get a Platypus.
The Girsan needs serious trigger work right out of the box. It’s about 8lbs.

I’m not a fan of any Turkish pistol, but I’ll admit TISAS puts out some decent stuff. Girsan is garbage as far as I’m concerned.

I’m also of the belief that if one can’t justify a Staccato, they should probably look at another platform instead of a 2011. The Platypus seems like a good option, but definitely not a 2011.

Page generated in 0.02318 seconds with 7 queries