View Single Post
Old March 27, 2024, 10:14 AM   #17
wild cat mccane

https://le.vistaoutdoor.com/wound_ba...omparison.aspx

At under 900fps, the 150gr HST "Micro" round performed better than all other options for expansion+penetration on Lucky Gunner. Next up was a 147gr.

I thought the +P HST 147gr was very impressive. Federal discontinued it though.

No 115gr passed Doc Roberts "best defense" test but the all copper barnes bullet.

You're pretty much good to go in the "good" current rounds but the Gold Dot 115gr options. Old stuff like Golden Saber performs great. But we knew it would because it does good in 380 too.

I don't like the XTP load because it's designed to limit expansion which promotes too much penetration. The pedals on XTP aren't designed to massive expanding like HST/Gold Dot. As Hornady states themselves on the XTP website.

Federal Punch was supposed to be a cheaper and less performance than HST. HST has always been cheaper. So Punch makes no sense to me in the current Federal line up. I mean, sense to them because they said it was cheaper and they charge more, no sense to the consumer buying it.

9BPLE is terrible stuff in that it's not skived, not bonded, the bad weight, high pressure. It's the one I'd stay away from on purpose knowing that practically anything would give better results.

Last edited by wild cat mccane; March 27, 2024 at 10:24 AM.

Page generated in 0.02280 seconds with 8 queries