View Single Post
Old April 1, 2024, 10:17 PM   #33
stagpanther

Quote:
But I believe you have more skill than myself.
Probably not true--my idea of competition shooting is to enter one of the mrrevolverguy's contests where I can pick and choose the conditions at my leisure and then shoot a 1,000 targets knowing the odds are good that one of them will turn out to be pretty good eventually.

Anyway, I think you will like the jaguar, especially if you get one that shoots like mine. When I stick a bore scope down the bore it still amazes how good it looks, it reminds me of the bores of my custom made and lapped high end centerfire barrels. The biggest drawback is like some other companies, CZUSA appears to be a pretty small outfit so keeping spare parts--most importantly spare jaguar barrels in my case--is a hit or miss affair--generally more miss than hit. So I figure that replacing the barrel means buying a new rifle--when you're lucky enough to find one available.

Thanks for the comp references--I have pondered them before. Scarborough is a long drive--but I might try it out one day just out of curiosity.

PS--there are some private clubs in Maine that do their own matches, and understandably they want you to get vetted join and then do membership duties as part of the bargain. I generally don't do well at the ritual hazing interviews; but that's my hang-up.

Last edited by stagpanther; April 1, 2024 at 10:45 PM.

Page generated in 0.04866 seconds with 7 queries