View Single Post
Old April 16, 2024, 12:40 AM   #19
Mike P. Wagner

I am about to purchase a Beretta PX4 because I want to shoot a Beretta PX4 - not sure anyone should feel it necessary to "make a case" for shooting what they want to shoot.

I plan to get the "F" model because I like the redundancy of a safety and DA/SA - thought I understand real men tell me real men abhor safeties and immediately rio those out for a G decocker.

I like a "dead trigger" safety as opposed to a "locked trigger" safety - with a redundant DA first pull.

I understand that it will take time to adjust to a DA/SA - right now I have a CZ 75 clone (Armalite AR-24) that I shoot almost exclusively in SA mode because it doesn't have a decockeer, and manually decking seems like an accident waiting to happen.

I feel pretty certain that I can acquire the skill to shoot the PX4 as well as I can shoot any other pistol - a lot of very good shooters shoot CZ 75s extremely well.

I suspect that for almost all of us - except maybe a handful of the top competitive shooters in the world - the our accuracy and speed limitations are far more likely to be between our ears than in the trigger mechanism of the pistol in our hands.

Page generated in 0.02411 seconds with 7 queries