View Single Post
Old April 17, 2024, 05:30 PM   #31
stinkeypete

TruthTellers, don't do it, man. If you must do it, buy one used. I am sure you can find someone disappointed in their Judge willing to sell it cheap.

Let's think logically- if you want extra performance, load up tungsten shot. It's 1.6 times more dense than lead. Increase 2 shot sizes and get the same performance as lead and a lot more pellets. You won't even need 3" shells, it's so dense. Roll crimping .410 is very much like reloading metallic cartridge. You measure your powder, put a wad over it, stuff in some fiber buttons (because tungsten is so dense, you need to take up space), fill it with shot, put an over shot card on top, run the roll crimp tool over the shell in your electric drill. Done.

"Oh! But tungsten is so expensive!" people say. "Whatever happened to your line about when your life is on the line?"

The great thing about the T/C Contender .45/.410 barrel was Ebay. We all got one, used. We all shot a couple boxes of shells through it, we all passed it along to the next guy. It was fun for a box of shells or two, then never got used again. That's my experience, at least.

Now, a good .22 field pistol? Stuff like that I still toss in my pocket, decades after I bought it.

Page generated in 0.03939 seconds with 7 queries