View Single Post
Old April 23, 2024, 09:43 AM   #9
OPC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnKSa View Post
What he's talking about is not cocking serrations, they are protrusions that stick out beyond the normal serrations. I don't know what the correct term for them is.
HK calls them "charging supports". From their webpage:
Quote:
In addition to these features, all controls are completely ambidextrous including HK’s patented charging supports — simple components that are mounted on each side of the rear of the slide and provide better gripping leverage for racking the slide rearward. The charging supports speed reloading and make operating the VP9 easier for shooters with reduced hand strength.
It's amusing to me that HK claims to add the feature for shooters with reduced hand strength (among other reasons) and then stick in a pretty stiff recoil spring (some HKPro forum members believe VP9s are using a .40S&W spring).

On the S&W EZ, the feature is less pronounced and monolithic/machined/formed into the slide but quite effective in reducing the grip force needed to manipulate the slide. Of course this is in combination with the rest of the EZ design (springs and fitment).

Edit:
Also ran across this discussion/demo by Tactical Hyve of various racking techniques used in competition. The pros & cons he mentions are not exhaustive, but I think he does make some good points - especially the one about making sure to practice.
How to Rack Your Pistol Slide - Different Methods Discussed

Last edited by OPC; April 23, 2024 at 11:01 AM.

Page generated in 0.02225 seconds with 7 queries