View Single Post
Old December 10, 2008, 09:32 PM   #1
jckeffer

Pedersoli Kodiak Double Rifle Powder charge

I have a Pedersoli Kodiak Double Rifle in 58 cal.( 1:48 twist I believe) and I'm interested in powder charges. I've tried several different powder charges with this rifle and found 90gr ff very accurate with 290gr round ball (consistent 3 round 5” groups at 100 yards). However, I've yet to find something that works with well conicals. I’ve tried several different conicasl from 460gr to 525 and powder charges from 80gr ff to 110gr ff. I’ve cast concicals with a Lymans’ mold (460gr) in both hard and soft lead. Still, I’ve yet to find a combination that comes close to the round ball accuracy. I’d like to be able to hunt with the larger conicals.

I’m also interested in what people think the maximum powder charge for this rifle should be. I contacted Pedersoli’s factory in Italy and they said that they couldn’t give me a maximum charge because the blackpowder they use is different???. They only thing I’ve been able to find says that 120 gr ff is the maximum for a .58 cal blackpowder muzzler.

Can anybody help?

Page generated in 0.02826 seconds with 8 queries