View Single Post
Old October 18, 2008, 11:28 PM   #1
cchardwick

Question about the possible Obama weapons ban...

OK, I'd like to throw out a hypothetical situation: Say that Obama becomes president and decides to 'ban' assault weapons in the USA including black rifles and high capacity magazines. Based on historical events, what would this do to the price of an AR-15 and high capacity mag, would the prices skyrocket? Do you think it would be a ban similar to full autos, they would just stop selling them to the general public and the 'pre ban' weapons in circulation would be worth 10x more? Do you think he would implement an outrageous 'transfer tax' similar to Class 3 weapons like suppressors so even if you had one you'd be stuck with it?

I'm amazed at how much the cost of weapons fluctuates over regulations and production. I went to buy an old Winchester 30-30 that they have been selling for $250 at Walmart for years and as soon as I went to buy one I found out that they stopped making them and the price jumped to $600 overnight! And my AR-15 with a simple $38 trigger upgrade to full auto would be worth over $10K (if it were actually legal to do this upgrade)!

Page generated in 0.02400 seconds with 8 queries