View Single Post
Old September 28, 2008, 06:07 AM   #49
Tamara
Moderator Emeritus

What is it about the HK54 that brings out...

...various myths, misconceptions, and the ice-cream store commandos on the intarw3bz?

To clear up some misconceptions:
Quote:
It was very soon adopted for LE use in about 1983 (around there), and it became EXTREMELY popular among NFA shooters. Several C2 Manufacturers began taking the SP89/54 (the simi auto version)
Most sear guns are on HK-94s, which is the 9mm semiauto carbine variant. The SP89 was the pistol version that appeared just in time to get banned by the Bush Import Ban of '89. The popularity of making MP-5 clones is what keeps the prices of the HK-94 and SP89 so inflated vis a vis their HK-91/93 brethren (even though the '93 is the scarcest of the bunch, a primo '94 will bring a lot more money because of the Rainbow Six factor... ) I felt like a fiscal genius for selling my SP89 for not too much over a grand, and I just saw one go for as close to five long as makes no nevermind... Live and learn.

To counter some of the latter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 21CFA
Sorry to have roused you two site ninjas.
The only Glock accessories coming out of Hong Kong are airsoft toys from The Wargamer's Club. Having worked at an SOT manufacturer and having some experience with our post-sample Glock FA conversions (installed on a 17 and a 20, FWIW) and how they work, I'd be interested in seeing your "3-round burst" Glock 30, because I'm just not visualizing the mechanism.

I see that you are in Marion. There will be a bunch of us getting together at the Broad Ripple Brew Pub in Indy today at 3PM. Bring your toys, I'd like to see them; you may get to meet Frank James, the guy who wrote the book on the MP-5 story.

Page generated in 0.02408 seconds with 8 queries