View Single Post
Old September 18, 2010, 08:16 AM   #25
Stringfellow

I bought one last month, and have been meaning to write a full range report, but in the meantime:

The pistol is a superb bargain. Unlike many entry-level pistols, it exudes luxury. Its slide and action have that "gliding on roller bearings" feel. I replaced the hammer spring with a lighter D spring, and it now has one of the smoothest triggers I have felt (albeit with some slack on both DA and SA). It is so smooth that even dry-firing is addictive! Keep in mind that it was a $700+ high-end pistol back in the day when it was produced directly by Beretta. It generally still feels like one, except that the finish on the slide is a bit rough. I don't mean the metal work (flawless), but rather the paint. The top surface of the slide is literally smooth as glass, but the sides have a grain to the paint that you wouldn't see on a more expensive pistol. I am in the process of buffing the grain out, and nearly have a mirror finish on the slide now. The frame is otherwise a perfect matte black.

It has fire controls identical to a Beretta 92FS and generally feels the same in the hand (but with a slight change for the better in the grip). No troubles with misfires, and accuracy is fine. Its recoil is very mild for a 9mm.

My only real gripe is lack of accessories. Specifically, I greatly prefer rubber grips but there are none currently in production. (Come on, Hogue--answer my prayers!!!)

Other than that rough paint on the slide, you get wayyyyy more pistol than what you pay for. There are certainly better pistols out there, but none anywhere near their price.

Page generated in 0.02129 seconds with 8 queries