View Single Post
Old May 3, 2008, 08:44 PM   #19
Chain-Fire

Hello Arcticap. It would be helpful to know the actual model of the two revolvers in question. Of course it seems pretty clear that the Cochise is a Third Model Dragoon. This is a Colt Third Generation (Signature Series) model. The final manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) in 2002 for this model was $1,295.00. It's flashy, but to date there's not a lot of collector activity on this one. Fingers McGee is right on the money for this model at about $1,000.00 although most I've seen went for less. The planned production for this model was 500 units. But there is no guarantee that many were actually produced. Its a travesty, but the records for third generation models are an absolute mess.

Regarding the "Heritage" Model, the presumption is that it is the Heritage Commemorative Walker. If this is the model you are looking at, it is a Colt Second Generation Model with a final MSRP of $1,475.00 in the early 1980's. Again, this model has very little collector interest. Thus, the typical current selling price is around $1,100.00 or less if it is New In Box - nowhere near the original MSRP.

Beware - dealers often confuse or misrepresent the word "Heritage." I have seen this word incorrectly applied to cased 1 of 500 Model 1860 Army, 1862 Pocket Navy, 1862 Pocket Police and Baby Dragoon Sets. But most frequently, I have seen the word "Heritage" used to describe the 1860 Army Heirloom Edition. If you have found one of these models, it is a rare bird indeed. It has a Tiffany style grip with 24kt. gold plated cylinder, nipples, hammer, trigger and loading lever assembly. It also has a sterling silver plated frame, barrel, wedge, trigger guard, screws and grip. It is embellished with Nimschke style engraving with a punch dot background that covers the barrel, frame, cylinder, trigger guard and loading lever. This is a Colt Third Generation model produced in very limited quantities from 1998 to 2002 with a final MSRP of $6,000.00. In recent years, I have seen this model sell in New In Box condition for as little as $2,500.00 and as much as $5,000.00.

I hope this information is helpful.

Page generated in 0.04346 seconds with 8 queries