View Single Post
Old July 23, 2008, 11:34 AM   #20
ImDisaster

Quote:
Why would Taurus build a gun that was going to break down constantly and give it a lifetime warranty? That would be a economics nightmare for their company. They would be crazy to do that. It would bankrupt them in no time.

I average over 1000 rounds per year on my Sig.
Because, most people will shoot even less than the 1000 rounds a year that you shoot with that Sig. If the gun lasts 4000 rounds it will probably be enough for 99.999% of gun owners. I know plenty of people who have had a gun for 10 years and haven't even run a full box of ammo through it. Then there are the people that wouldn't recognize the non catastrophic failures...like the loss of accuracy from loose parts.

I maintain there isn't anything wrong with Taurus for the niche it fills...an inexpensive gun that performs reliably if not pushed. However, the chance of getting one without issues, and putting 30,000 rounds through one without a failure, is much, much lower than your chances with a Sig, or a S&W...or a Ruger for that matter.

As far as the design of the MilleniumPro and 24/7 there are a couple specific long term longevity issues I noticed with mine (and read about.)

1. Barrel pivots and stops against the takedown pin (as opposed to a block like most other semiautos.) I've read the pin will eventually fail with +P loads. I'm more concerned with where the pin enters the alloy frame member which is molded into the plastic frame. I can see wear starting on mine and I've read that the hole elongates.

2. The slide itself stops against the front of the alloy frame that is molded into the frame. I can see the alloy frame peening to the point that small shavings are working off it. In a S&W M&P the slide hits the plastic frame which buffers it nicely.

I've shot maybe 500 rounds in mine and maybe 3 +P defense loads. Imagine the wear at 10,000 rounds.

Right now, mine is still tight and accurate and has been very dependable. I have total confidence in it for carry.

Page generated in 0.03466 seconds with 8 queries