View Single Post
Old March 31, 2009, 01:54 PM   #14
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

DNS, you are cordially invited to join us on a hunt and even if we don't get a hog I will get you to a pen to see one with your own eyes and we can rope one out for you to handle just to see what these buggers are made of. I am not trying to argue just enlighten... And trust me when I promise that you will leave knowing these ain't grampa's farm pig even if they are genetically similar.
I noticed on the michigan link a referral to a Monster Quest episode... Different show. I seen both. I also noted one guy pointed out possibly 70Kph and that is likely what was said but someone thought they heard MPH is likely what occurred... I doubt even the dumbest of person would suggest on world wide TV that the cheetah had swine for challenger as worlds fastest land animal.
I also noticed someone from Michigan (not the feral hog capital of the USA) say maybe for 100 yards...
Sorry but when my dogs end up tracked 5-7 miles down track and whooped tired and no hog.... These hogs can run at speed for a long ways and rest for 30 or so seconds and repeat. They also get through the thick cover far better than any dog... Body design is superior to dogs for this. remember these hogs have very little fat on them.
These are the most densely muscled animals I have ever handled and this includes cougars and tigers in captivity that play with a bowling ball daily.
Brent

Page generated in 0.02276 seconds with 8 queries