View Single Post
Old August 3, 2002, 10:51 AM   #2
Dave McC
Staff In Memoriam

Take a deep breath, Joe and relax. Help's on the way.Here's a couple options to do until a REAL gunsmith like DML shows up, and he will....

I'm no gunsmith, but I know a bit about 870s. IMO, there's a couple possible probs, and more than one may be here and now.

First, drop the trigger group out and see if the shellcatchers are in place, and properly staked. This means they are not moving for and aft,popping out, and level with the surrounding metal in the receiver.

Second, borrow or buy a standard mag spring and mag cap. Install, instead of the ST stuff, and see if the prob disappears. Make sure you tighten the cap as much as possible by hand, I use padded channelocks to take it ONE click past hand tight.

Third, make sure the bolt and carrier are where they're supposed to be on the action bars. I've had to correct improperly assembled 870s a time or two, and this was one glitch that had symptoms similar to what you're reporting.

Fourth, after reassembly place one drop of CLP on each action bar and pump it a few times. This may smooth it up a bit.

HTH, sing out if they don't...

Last edited by Dave McC; August 3, 2002 at 12:46 PM.

Page generated in 0.02588 seconds with 8 queries