View Single Post
Old August 3, 2002, 02:04 PM   #4
9mmMike

Wow, you are a patient lad.
If I had sent my SG to ST and had to wait as long as you did, then they sent me the wrong parts, I'd be raising heck.
For what it's worth, I spoke to another famous SG modifier and they said that they were "always fixing their (ST) stuff".
When I looked into a ST SG, it looked like nothing that I could not do myself so I passed. My barrel I sent to a local smith for a forcing cone and I installed my own sidesaddle and factory extension.
I do have a ST hi-vis follower which is nice.
Anyway, it almost sounds like your feeding 3" shells to a 2 & 3/4" barrel.
Do you have your original barrel hanging around?
I would remove all the ST stuff as Dave McC mentions and switch to the original barrel (that says 3" on the side) and see what you get.
I do not know what to say about that bolt. I have not seen any shiny black ones. Mine are either silver or dull black.
When the SG is unloaded and pointing straight up, if you press the slide release, does the slide drop down with a gentle push?
It also sort of sounds like one or both of the extractors are on the wrong side of the slide rails.
Mike

I just reread your post. I don't know why I thought you had bought the 18" barrel later. Sorry about that. Do you have access to a spare barrel? Were you shooting 3" shells?
IF YOU LIVE IN PA AND DID NOT VOTE, YOU DESERVE TO LOSE YOUR GUNS!

Page generated in 0.04105 seconds with 8 queries