View Single Post
Old August 3, 2002, 11:06 PM   #5
Joe Mamma

Gentlemen, thank you very much for your replies. Please keep them coming.

Dave McC, I will check those shell catchers (which I assume are the "shell latches"). I will also take off the mag extension. I was careful to tighten the mag extension tight, but not more than hand tight. I always thought problems were common with people who tried to tighten the mag extensions too tight. But, I will go one click past hand tight just as you advised. I will also double check the placement of the bolt and carrier on the action bars.

Edward429451, I will try grease on the ejector spring. Also, I am fairly sure noone installed a side saddle. I was the original owner and never had it done. The funny thing is that I intentionally didn't because I heard there was a slim chance of reliability problems which I wanted to avoid at all costs. But, I can't imagine it being much worse than it is now! But, I'll investigate.

9mmMike, I was only shooting 2 3/4" shells. I have never had anything even loaded into it other than those size shells even though it is an Magnum model (which says 2 3/4" or 3" shells). Unfortunately, I do not have another barrel. Also, when the gun is pointed up and I hit the mag release, it USUALLY drops with only a gentle push. When you refer to "extractors", do you mean the left and right "shell latch" (part numbers 55 & 56 in my factory manual)? I will check the latches.

Erick, I am patiently awaiting any suggestions from you.

Thanks again for all your help. I'll let you know if and how I get this fixed.

Joe Mamma

Page generated in 0.04741 seconds with 8 queries