View Single Post
Old October 1, 2008, 02:53 PM   #22
totalloser

Sorry, I barely have time to fool with it myself! My bad back finds me time off work now and then. (like now! ) I don't see why you couldn't use the Dillon setup if you are using a pro 1000, though and do it in two passes. You would need to get creative to use a setup like mine on a pro 1000 to mount the switch, and there'd be no spot for a crimp. But if you do it in two passes, you won't have powder charge issues. (that triple disc is a FANTASTIC idea, btw)

1. Decap 2. lube 3. size/trim (using Dillon's trimmer)
tumble
1.charge 2. seat 3. crimp

Plus that way you can factory crimp if you want. The lube die mod I did is REALLY worth considering, though. The lee decap setup is FAR superior, and the lube die is easily machinable. Or, if you do a two pass, just use a Lee decap die as you have open holes in the first pass.

The Dillon trimmer will clear most dies, just not the powder charge assembly. The trimmer costs $210, and the dies cost about $50 each.

PS www.patsreloading.com has some swinging deals to take the cost sting out of loading .308; wc846 for 95 bucks a 8 pound keg, and 147 fmjbt for $80 per thou resized 7.62x54 bullets. Not fantastically accurate, but SUPER cheap!

Last edited by totalloser; October 2, 2008 at 08:48 PM. Reason: OOPS! Thought it was a 4 hole machine! :(

Page generated in 0.03578 seconds with 8 queries