View Single Post
Old June 8, 2006, 09:41 PM   #4
Unclenick
Staff

And the CED can have a printer, too. . .

Wrangler,

I also have the CED Millenium. I think it is the better instrument because remote sensors let you confirm accuracy at different sensor spacings, which is the only way of making a chronograph self-validate that I am aware of.

It has, in addition to the PC connection, an HP compatible IR output that will directly talk to HP printers. So, if you feel you need a hard copy you can pick up one of those little printers made for laptops, like the HP 82240B hand-held. I use mine directly with a notebook computer I take to the range, but I am also using that computer with the RSI PressureTrace and LoadForce devices, so that makes it more important to have on location. If you need to measure more than 225 shots in a session, that would be the other reason to have a computer along.

The CED Millenium also has an accessory IR screen. Unlike some others, it is actual infra-red, so it is invisible and doesn't cause glare in low light. You can get a battery pack for using it outdoors as well, if you have low or varying light conditions.

Nick
NRA Benefactor Member and Golden Eagle

Page generated in 0.03076 seconds with 8 queries