Thread: Gun vs. Knife
View Single Post
Old September 10, 2006, 02:53 AM   #26
tanksoldier

At contact distance a knife is easily as deadly as a handgun. In the hands of even a moderately skilled wielder, the threat of a knife skyrockets.

A skilled knife wielder can hit vital areas even with a small 1" keychain knife (eyes, neck, abdomen, groin). Hard to shoot when you're tripping over your own entrails.

A knife with a 3" blade can split your abdomen wide open, it can it can be driven up under your ribs and into your lungs, driven into an eye socket to the brain, into your kidney or the base of your skull from behind or up under your chin and thru your spine... and there's always the classic slashed throat.

A 6" inch knife can reach any vital organ easily from almost any angle.

It is rather easy to "trap" the hand or arm withh a handgun in such a manner that the firearm is rendered useless. It is very difficult to do this against a knife, and you risk an attack against your arm, hand or torso if the hold fails. You can suffer multiple stab wounds in a manner of seconds, and at contact range it's difficult to miss with a knife.

Knives are no joke, and if you let someone into contact range with one you will almost certainly get cut before things are done... and you can very easily be killed before you even know you're under attack.

Quote:
The knife is still the 2nd choice, the knife just cut some muscle tissue nothing dangerous.

GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Page generated in 0.02758 seconds with 8 queries