Thread: Gun vs. Knife
View Single Post
Old September 10, 2006, 04:33 PM   #30
cje1980

Quote:
I agree with most of the above, but still:
a skilled oponent can block and turn a knife attack. Try blocking and returning bullets...
A skilled opponent can turn a handgun attack as well, with more ease I should mention. Nobody is saying that a human being can block or dodge bullets just that human beings have been shown to be able to absorb massive amounts of handgun bullets. At close range you are lucky if you are even able to draw your weapon. In many cases as stated above people are killed before even drawing a weapon. If the BG gets a hold of your hand that has the firearm the firearm is rendered useless. The knife is still dangerous however. Its no guarantee that shooting a BG 2-3 times is going to put them down immediately. With that said, there no guarantee that 15rds will do the job.

Most incidents occur at very close range and a BG can cover that distance in usually less than 2 seconds. By the time you recognize the threat and draw your weapon, you're lucky if you can even get a shot off let alone enough shots to actually put the aggresor down for the count. Handgun rounds are not deathrays and at close range a knife is the more lethal weapon. If I was up against a crazed psycho with a combat knife I would fire if I had the chance but would most likely run like hell because I would consider myself to be at the disadvantage. There is no way I would just sit there and stand my ground. One swipe with a massive combat blade to my organs is about the equivalent of an entire magazine of 9mm rounds. The first thing we need to recognize is that handguns are not very effecient at wounding.

Page generated in 0.02411 seconds with 8 queries