Thread: Gun vs. Knife
View Single Post
Old September 14, 2006, 03:17 PM   #42
claude783

Many, many years ago when I wore a much younger man's shoes, I had the opportunity of attending a "private" class taught by the author of "Bloody Iron".

I had come to the conclusion, that were I camping and had to grab just one item and move (shtf) the one item I would grab would be a knife. With it I could build traps, make shelter, clean game. My only problem at that time is that I had no idea of how to "fight" with the edged weapon.

So, began a journey which even to this day, I continue. My last purchase was the Warrior Series of tapes put out by Lynn Thompson of "cold steel".

I have also attended the Rennisance Faire and talked to their "arms instructor". Gaining knowledge of the past, to understand that given a warriors training 1,000 years ago was still valid today.

My conclusion is that I always carry a knife. I have an extensive collection. I do not feel underarmed, as in close quarter combat, I will attack the flexor tendons of the gun hand, I will attack the hollow cavity in the pelivic area (blade upwards through the testicals into the hollow cavity, as there is no bone to deflect the blade in this area), I will also throw shots to the liver, and finally, there are the major artery's:

A knife, in close, is one of the deadlest weapons you can have. First and foremost it is a tool, but learn how to use it as a defensive weapon. A well trained man with a knife, close quarter combat, is gonna tear em' up. Yep, there is a 357 in a safe at the foot of my bed, punch in two digits and the electonics open it, but right next to my head is a tanto, ready, waiting, and probably just as deadly. The other plus, is if's it night when the gremlin's come in, no flash, no noise, just a loud shout and getting in close...then I can remove various pieces of their "humble" flesh!

Page generated in 0.02830 seconds with 8 queries