Thread: Gun vs. Knife
View Single Post
Old September 16, 2006, 04:00 AM   #43
Lloyd Smale

I agree with Samurai to a point. Martial arts training is great ive had a little myself but the problem i have with it is to much time is wasted on form and the art and to little time is spent on actuall fighting. In the service we were trained in hand to hand and knife fighting but we were trained by a group of instructors that were versed in a few different martial art forms. They dispensed with the speaking and counting in korean and the forms and consentrated on what it takes to stay alive. I later trained some in Soo Bahk Do and it was great exercise for the body and mind and no doubt helped but i still believe for the average guy a more condensed version of hand to hand fighting is in order. Bottom line is Samurai is very right about one thing. Your best defense is to get the hell out of Dodge! Up close and personal a knife is a very deadly and metal scrary weapon and at point blank range your about wasting your time trying to draw a handgun and use it. You will be layed open before you get your hand on it. About the only hope you have is to be trained to understand that your about to be cut and #1 know that if you protect your vitals the cuts wont be fatal and #2 neutalize your threat (dont be passive) Its alot easier said then done and i dont know how id even react in a real world cituation.

Page generated in 0.02851 seconds with 8 queries