View Single Post
Old July 30, 2001, 11:22 AM   #18
Al Norris
Moderator Emeritus

Where my confusion comes in is not with the ordinance per se, but with the sign posted, which flatly prohibits firearms.

Now I'm not suggesting that someone should be a test case. I'm perfectly aware you probably wouldn't be arrested for open carry...no, it would be for something else. Disturbing the piece of some bliss ninny?

I guess I just don't like the idea that cities can pass such stuff, regardless of the fact that Idaho is a pre-emptive state. Perhaps you should check out the Boise codes. They say that you can't even carry concealed unless it is with a permit signed by the Ada County Sheriff. Nor can you carry into ANY city owned or operated building building.

Go to Boise and do a search on "weapons" in the city code.

I don't know that Anyone has ever been charged with this stuff, but it's these kind of little encroachments that lead to other (larger) encroachments. Isn't this precisiely what we have all seen happen in other states and the US as a whole?

All of this may mean absolutely nothing. But if we aren't aware that it's starting in our own backyard, we will quickly approach that same slippery slope we see in other states.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sign1.jpg (39.3 KB, 79 views)

Page generated in 0.02940 seconds with 9 queries