View Single Post
Old January 23, 2006, 03:02 PM   #16
Handy

So which is it?

First you say the dogs are totally trustworthy, then preach about how they will continue to attack an intruder even when maced.

I was not speaking of any sort of media perception, but my own experience around such breeds, as well as the obvious observation that truly well tempered dogs almost never attack, even when very poorly treated.

You know, this is a little like some gun debates. Pundits insisting that no gun is any more dangerous than any other, even in the face of the statistics of self-inflicted injuries come in.

The other "problem" is that pit bulls don't come with big "I've been mistreated" stickers on them. Other dog breeds will act weird if they don't like people, not try to kill them.

I'm sure you find me close minded - but that is exactly how I would describe anyone I've ever met who is an enthusiast for some sort of poorly received item - defensive and unrealistic. It is a dog bred for killing. Without any training, my pointer tended to point, my shephard tended to herd - breeding matters.

Page generated in 0.02482 seconds with 8 queries