View Single Post
Old May 20, 2008, 07:55 PM   #22
allserene

ok Washington State

I have arrived and bought a 1250cc Suzuki Bandit and a canoe and an outboard and a lawn mower and a gas strimmer. We are talking serious boys toys acquision month

and now ? well I would like a .22 LR single shot target rifle to use on the range that is 400 yards away from my house. I joined my first rifle club in 1964

But no - I am an ALIEN ! I have an unconditional 10 year green card but I am not eligible for citizenship for 2.5 years. My wife is a born US Citizen and she could buy a big gun but I cant even shoot clay pigeons

I have already had 12 months of FBI checks and a strip down intrusive medical exam by the U.S Embassy doctors in London and spend years and thousands of dollars getting my green card

My family has been investigated too and all my affiliations and theirs.

So I pass all this intensive scutiny to be told I have to do it all again with the FBI - but they won't do it anyway and it's a stalemate

The U.S. has it's most important base in the world only 10miles from where I used to live. It's called Menwith Hill in Yorkshire and is of number one importance for intelligence gathering and interception of Russian Military traffic and the first target for a Russian atom bomb. U.S. service personnel there and everyone else in the UK are afforded the same rights so it's a new concept to me to be sorted into left and right lines

I have brought 3 pensions and more than a million bucks to spend here in Washington State - I have filed U.S. Taxes in February and I am contributing to the U.S.A big style

I have contacted a couple of representatives who say the alien's license is all on ice until the next 3 month legislative session next year

When U.S. Citizens hear of ALIENS having problems I am sure they imagine some seedy illegal immigrant and get quite 'anti' and don't want to support us.
I hope some of this story might encourage fellow shooters to lend their moral support to this alien's firearms license problem which is disadvantaging safe, solid people, many homeowners, and many of whom are married to U.S. born Citizens and who are contributing to the U.S. treasury and who can contribute to the shooting world in all sorts of ways

This ban on people like me has no advantage to any Citizens and especially Citizen shooters - only disadvantages

Page generated in 0.02465 seconds with 8 queries