View Single Post
Old July 9, 2002, 08:08 AM   #7
22lovr

On appearance alone......

the NAA Guardian has it all over the Kel-Tec P32. However, that's not the rest of the story. When I was looking for a mouse gun to replace my Berette Mod 21, I checked them both out thoroughly. The Guardian looks like a REAL GUN; the P32 looks like a kid's toy.

Workmanship and materials? The NAA is constructed of stainless steel and North American Arms give a lifetime warranty. Although I've not owned a Guardian, I've owned THREE of their mini-revolvers and they are little jewels.

In just about every other category, I found the P32 to have advantages over the Guardian. I personally consider the P32 to be just about the most brilliantly designed and advanced small semi-auto ever made. Here are my reasons why I bought a P32 and have not regretted it:
1-weight: 9 ounces LOADED. Nothing in it's class touches this
2-thinness: 3/4"....again, the absolute small-width champ
3-capacity: holds 7+1 with a 10 round mag as an option
4-Locked breech design for less felt recoil, strength, and velocity
5-Amazing 5 lb trigger pull
6-diamond-shaped slider excellent for point-shooting
7-Will shoot any ammo in .32 auto
8-Excellent lifetime warranty like NAA
9-Availability of aftermarket accessories
10-Price - quite a bit less expensive than it's competitors: Guardian, Beretta Tomcat, Seecamp.
11-Total reliability, thus far, and a much tougher little gun than detractors say it is.

The Guardian looks sexy but being a straight blow-back design, it lacks an extractor and users report getting stovepipes on the last round (not a serious problem, just annoying) the trigger on the Guardian is stout, in the neighborhood of 12 lbs for a small pistol. It holds 6+1, less than the P32.

In summation, the P32 is a brilliant, original design while the Guardian is probably going to last longer and be more durable.
You probably can't go wrong with either of these; they're the class of the mousegun category to me.

Page generated in 0.02492 seconds with 8 queries