View Single Post
Old July 6, 2006, 04:17 PM   #5
pickpocket

It's not uncommon that people are unfamiliar with the system - the training is exclusive (at least at this point in time) to LE and military. Sucks if you don't have a way in, but those are the breaks.
The reason is that there's a LOT more in the training than just the shooting stance - there's a lot of LE/Military specific training and TTP's that just doesn't make sense to make available to the general public.

It's not really a defensive system, which is another thing that turns many civilians away from it, even though the stances are quite useful for both stability and recoil management. Shooting from the 'extended' might not work out so well if you're already behind the reactionary curve - then again you have to remember that the system was designed for Operators; i.e. people who are going to be moving around with their weapons at the ready.

Another instance where the C.A.R. system works extremely well is inside a vehicle.

However, like I said, there is much more to the system than can be understood by reading sabretactical's website. Love&Hate12: have you trained with Castle? If so I'd be interested to discuss your opinions on other aspects of the training material.

If you have specific questions or conversation points I would be more than happy to answer them. I am a certified C.A.R. Instructor and am a big believer in what the system can do for a person's shooting platform.

It's an excellent addition of the overall self-defense puzzle, and I certainly do hope that certain aspects of the training are opened to the public at some point.

"Sabah al khair -- ismee Dave, ahnee al Shayṭān"

Page generated in 0.02376 seconds with 8 queries