View Single Post
Old January 21, 2008, 07:44 PM   #6
Sigma 40 Blaster

3 well written articles, I prefer to read a story that presents both viewpoints and leaves the reader to make the decision. Citing the good and bad side of Castle Law and the new car carry law was the first story I've read in a while that actually required some analytical thinking. One quote kind of confused me regarding the lack of background checks to carry a gun in a car...we still have to get a background check at each purchase unless we have a CHL. So one dumb misleading quote for the whole story wasn't bad.

And then this:

Quote:
State Rep. Borris Miles of Houston –who voted against Texas' Castle Law – shot and wounded a man he said was trying to steal copper from his new home in July. Mr. Miles was upstairs in the home, then still under construction, when he heard noise downstairs. He found two men cutting pipes. When he yelled, one threw a pocketknife, and Mr. Miles, who has a concealed-handgun permit, shot the man in the leg. He was not charged in the case.

Anyone catch this one from the third link posted? Voted against Castle Law but has a CHL and shot to step the theft of some pipe? Is that a pretty weird contradiction of voting record and actions?

Page generated in 0.03788 seconds with 8 queries