View Single Post
Old December 14, 2004, 01:40 AM   #18
PsychoSword

I understand fluted as in fluted and unfluted revolver cylinders, I thought he was referring to tapering though as I've never seen any non-target barrels that were actually fluted.

I'm going to call again tomorrow to see if he brought it in and if not, I'll ask for the guy's number so that I can get a copy of the pictures and maybe a serial number. I should have been more proactive in trying to find the information out when it happened, but at the time, and when I first posted this thread, I assumed it was probably just a freak occurance or an overpressure load. That's what I get for "assuming" anything.

mete, since you're researching this, I thought I'd ask you, do you have a copy of the recall list and serial numbers that are supposedly affected by this?

Found this on Glocktalk according to a thread referenced:

"Only affects SS barreled Sako/Tikka rifles from about February 2004 on up, serial numbers 419140 to 461951. Contact Beretta USA @ 800 636 3420 for verification if your rifle is affected. Seems their phone system is down until tomorrow currently."

Does that jive with everyone else's info?

Page generated in 0.03234 seconds with 8 queries