View Single Post
Old December 15, 2004, 12:17 AM   #20
tcforec

A little more infor for you...

I had one of the recalled rifles (.308). After a lot of research and BS'ing with people at Beretta's customer service I finally got the direct phone number (301)-283-2191. Cheryl (ext 1212) is in charge of this "situation" and was very helpfull (once she called me back). The best thing to do is to call that number then hit "0" for the receptionist. You won't get through to Cheryl but chances are you will get through to Peter. I spoke with him twice and he got my message to Cheryl with a quick response. They do not have any stock of certain calibers (.308 would have been a long wait) but they did offer me a 270wsm, which I took. The replacement rifle's serial number fell between the two numbers given by them so I called both Peter and Cheryl again yesterday. I finally heard back this morning(and to be honest, that's not a bad turnaround for the thousands of calls they are getting) and they have assured me that the new gun is NOT one of the recall guns. Evidently, not all of those serial numbers are affected. However, I am still livid at the way they are handling this. They have put out this list of serial numbers and my new gun falls between the two. I am not real thrilled with shooting this rifle and have had thoughts about selling it but I imagine that any shop would have the list of numbers and would probably not do a trade without written proof from the company(and due to their secretive nature about this I'm still not thrilled about shooting the damned thing). I plan on calling tomorrow and asking for some sort of verification in writing. Any more info would be appreciated and I'll update as well.
TC

Page generated in 0.02666 seconds with 8 queries