View Single Post
Old February 17, 2002, 07:42 PM   #15
PKAY

I spent more money than I'd like to divulge here at B&B in Westminster. I even bought my Cannon safe through them. In all the years of patronage, they never once remembered me from any prior visit. I found only one salesperson, Sam Trujilo, to be knowledgeable and friendly. One would think that if you have good repeat customer business, you'd send out sales flyers now and again. Or if you do a good consignment business, you'd want to inform repeat consignment buyers of new and exciting pieces. If you read any of the Gunsmith Kinks books from Brownell's, the last chapters often deal with how to run a gun business, how to treat customers; hell, how to treat people for God's sake. B&B did not have a clue in that department. They routinely charged a couple of bucks more than the state required for DROS. In addition, in private transfers they would hold the buyer's gun for 12 days instead of the 10 required by CA law and charge the buyer and extra $25 for "storage" for the extra 2 days effectively extorting the money by holding the buyer's property and not releasing it even if the buyer presented himself on the tenth day at the appointed time.

I am ambivalent for sure. I don't like to see any gun business go down and especially not due to a concerted effort on the part of local and state governments to drive them out of business. But B&B was its own worst enemy.

Page generated in 0.03757 seconds with 8 queries