View Single Post
Old January 20, 2008, 08:51 PM   #8
BanditSRT8

I ignored much of what I had read on forums and decided to plunk down my $1,000 on a Kimber Eclipse Pro II. Damn it is one sexy looking 1911. Felt great in the hand, and shot accurately.

It had constant problems, especially stripping the top round off any magazine (both factory and Wilson mags), but I chalked it up to break-in.

After 500 rounds it still had issues not going back into battery about 40% of the time, and not chambering the top round, so I sent it off to Kimber.

I had to pay for shipping.

When I got it back I was appalled to see several brass marks on the top of my slide (top is black so it really shows up) that were not there before. They tuned the extractor, and throated/polished the barrel and ramped part of the frame.

I immediately took it from the counter to the range and fired off another 50 rounds. The ejected brass was clearing the port, but not going very far, it had not done this before. And lo & behold it STILL would not feed the top round in any mag regardless of how many rounds were in it.

Then after the session I looked at my slide and there were another dozen or so brass dings added to what was there when I got it back. The brass was coming out and BOUNCING off the top of my slide!

I sent it back, came back just as bad (paid shipping again).

That day I decided to buy my HK45, and straight from the box without cleaning/lubing it performed flawlessly and was even more accurate. I sold my Kimber and I will never go back.

I wish I had listened to members before and kept away from Kimber. I paid $1050 and then only a month or two later sold it and only got $600 out of it. You certainly can get a good one, and if you do it will be perfection... but the odds are not in your favor.

Page generated in 0.03129 seconds with 8 queries