View Single Post
Old January 20, 2008, 09:41 PM   #9
maestro pistolero

Idaho,
Thanks for the tip. I failed to mention that I had two Wilsons that I tried on the first pistol before it was replaced by Kimber. I got rid of them because I was having some of the same problems that I'm having now.

In retrospect, there was probably nothing wrong with them, and perhaps they would help.

I did notice that the magazine followers vary greatly in their design, and that, except for Kim-pros and Les Baers, most designs do allow the round to "nose-down" as it emerges from the magazine to be fed.

I don't understand the reasoning behind mag followers that are stepped-down toward the front lip of the follower, either all the way across like Act-Mags or half way acrossed like the standard Kimber mags. Les Baer mags don't do that and the Kimpro's followers are a flat surface almost all the way across. Sorry if this is confusing.

Perhaps I should try Wilson's again now that I have a new gun. But I think I'll order one Les Baer mag to test. Having had no success in the past with the Wilson's on an identical pistol, I'm reluctant to waste any more time/money/and especially EXPENSIVE ROUNDS testing it out.

I'd love to hear from someone else with a ProTLE/RLII that actually works, and hear what magazines they are using.

Thanks for the reply and I welcome any other suggestions.

Page generated in 0.03057 seconds with 8 queries