View Single Post
Old November 19, 2002, 08:01 PM   #16
Cougar

See? I knew I was at an advantage in cross-dominant shooting. I am right handed, but shoot long guns left handed due to a childhood thing of not being able to close the left eye independantly to aim. I just learned to shoot long guns left handed and it never bothered me. I can shoot long guns either way now but I prefer doing it left handed. It just feels more natural for me. Go figure!

Handguns are still used right handed.

Thais all means that I have two trained trigger fingers!!!!

A few years ago I did something stupid with a circular saw also and it kicked back (I was trying to make an awkward cut left handed) and ran over my right index finger. It took a beautifully shaped notch out of the end of the finger lengthwise, making a perfectly rectangular saw cut in the fingernail half way up. It just nicked the bone. I wrapped it up tight with a regular old band-aid and drove myself to the hospital. They cleaned it out a bit and just re-wrapped it with their own butterfly band-aid. They said they couldn't stich it because there was nothing stich. It actually healed quite well, although I have lost a great deal of the touch sensitivity at the tip of the finger. It really doesn't affect my shooting though...

Good luck, man!

Page generated in 0.05012 seconds with 8 queries