View Single Post
Old February 2, 2006, 11:41 PM   #14
cobain187

Quote:
NO other shotgun has the reputation for standing up to the abusive treatment that street cops can give shotguns.
*cough* AHEM *cough*

I have a sneaking suspicision that the USMC might just abuse(use) their shotguns more than police forces. I have never heard of a Marine complaining about the 590a1, wishing they were issued 870s. If 590a1s had durability issues, the USMC would have discovered them. (i.e. there are no issues !)

"Before there was light-kicking "tactical" buckshot, the U.S. Armed Services established Mil-Spec 3443E, a brutal and unforgiving torture test with 3,000 rounds of full power 12 gauge buckshot.
Only one pump action shotgun was heavy duty enough to pass. Mossberg."

There is nothing wrong with 870s. Many people like them. They are popular and reliable shotguns. Same for Mossberg. The only diff imho are ergonomic preferences of the user (safety and slide release) But the feeling I get from most 870 owners is that they look down on mossbergs as inferior(not necc crap, but inferior). Everyone is entitled to their opinions and preferences, but most 870 owners sound like they belong to a cult (not satanic, but a cult that worships the 870 and sees all others as inferior, which simply isn't true).

Bottom line. 870ps are reliable and durable. 590a1s are relaible and durable. Either will serve you will.

870 owners only need to realize that their shotgun is not an indestructable gun made of forged adamantium, while believing mossbergs are made of aluminum foil.

Peace

Page generated in 0.02182 seconds with 8 queries