View Single Post
Old October 8, 2006, 12:53 PM   #36
SpK

Quote:
Ak's are more "clunky" IMO because they feel like there are a dozen heavy moving parts slamming around compared to the ar15's smooth tight feel(have you seen an ak47 internals firing in slow motion?? ).That is what I have found in the years of owning and shooting both types.And as far as the trigger,Maybe I have gotten used to my jp trigger and forgot how crappy (most, but not all) factory AR triggers are..And maybe another reason the ar15 is the most accurate semi around is also the reason the ar15 is the only non-gas piston design you see around..Maybe it comes down to the design of the ak's making it impossible to keep consistency??I don't know(and yes they have thin barrels in comparison).I love the ak's as they are,They are a very reliable weapon,But they cannot do what my ar15 can do(shoot 600+yards under M.O.A.).My ar15 may have short-comings under certain conditions but so does the ak47.My ar15's have proven far more reliable than any Ak47 I have owned or seen fired( I admit that the malfunctions I have seen were probably do to the occasional wolf ammo problem).That may be a shock to some but not to me because I have owned my AR15's for years with consistent results handloading my ammuntion as well as using wolf 55gr fmj ammo,winchester,federal,and mylasian surplus m193..I would like to know how accurate the ar15's are that have been chambered in 7.62x39???!!.That would answer my questions on the 7.62x39 cartridge itself..If the 7.62x39 is more accurate in the ar15 design than the ak47's design,, maybe that would eliminate the cartridge as possibly being the problem with accuracy.
Time to get off the dope

Page generated in 0.03462 seconds with 8 queries